12 – 65 – 13 – Omaha, Omaha!!!
Football season, fall foliage, falling temperatures, and fantastic sunsets: Autumn is my favorite time of year. Nature’s march toward seasonal “death” (winter) ironically represents fresh starts, opportunities, and new beginnings. However, let’s go back to the top.
12 – 65 – 13 – Omaha! Omaha! Those aren’t football signals (well, maybe the “Omaha” part), but rather some very telling numbers:
Twelve. As in twelve percent. As in the average amount more pay you earn with the CPIM designation as compared to your peers who lack that certification.
Sixty-five. As in sixty-five percent. As in the percentage of people who report that their CPIM designation made a positive impact in hiring decisions.
Thirteen. As in thirteen percent. As in the portion of people worldwide who are actively engaged in their work. That’s one in eight. The other seven? Just punching the clock, collecting a check.
If you haven’t heard, CPIM has undergone a major overhaul, has been updated into a learning system with on-line and interactive tools, and more effectively prepares you to join the 12-65-13 club. That’s a club worth belonging to.
One more thing: Autumn also provides a roster of terrific PDMs for your continuing education pleasure. PLEASE review our upcoming events to see the dynamic speakers we have coming to town.
I hope to see you there!
Join us at these great upcoming events!
- October 12 PDM: Alice Bowman - It Really is Rocket Science!
- From 6-8:30 pm at the University of Indianapolis, Alice Bowman, Mission Operations Manager of NASA's New Horizons Deep Space mission, will discuss the planning and execution of the ultimate engineer-to-order (ETO) supply chain, a multi-decade endeavor. Register here: https://apicscind.starchapter.com/meet-reg1.php?id=195
- October 26: Plant Tour at Cummins Technical Center
- See what it takes to engineer some of the best and highest performing engines on the market. Cummins Technical Center focuses on development, innovation, and emissions technology for on and off highway, as well as international and domestic market engines and systems. Join us as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Cummins Technical Center with a tour of the Engine Test Cells, Emissions Measurement Lab, and Engine Build Area. Have a chance to see examples of 3D printing from our Experimental Machining Lab, the Advanced Virtual Environment, and how we Unleash the Power of Cummins.
- November 9 PDM: Gözde Capar, Director of Supply Chain and Logistics at Strategic Materials, Inc (SMI).
- High transportation costs are driving changes in supply chain strategies. These changes are having a beneficial impact not just on transportation budgets but also on the financial performance, especially in low margin industries such as recycling. In her presentation, Gözde will introduce the recycling industry and will walk the attendees through the transformation of the rail logistics at Strategic Materials.