Congratulations! If you’ve passed the exams for CPIM, CSCP, or CLTD, you’ve demonstrated your mastery of a body of knowledge applicable to particular areas of supply chain management. This is no small feat, and you should feel proud. But what do you do now? Whether pursuing this certification was a long and arduous journey, a “monkey on your back,” or a strategic move to improve your career mobility, you’ve done it. But sometimes when we attain a long-sought-after goal, you can start wondering, “now what?”
APICS has the answer: In order to maintain your certification, over the next five years you will need to acquire 75 points. How does one get these points? Several ways; broken down into two areas of EDUCATION and SERVICE, you get points for:
Training/Education through your workplace – one point for each hour taken, 2 points for each hour taught
Professional Development Meetings (PDMs), webinars, workshops, seminars, tours - one point for each hour taken, 2 points for each hour taught
APICS Membership – 6 points per year
APICS Conference attendance – 8 points per day up to 24 points per year
APICS Chapter Board of Directors/Committee service/participation – 5 points per year per position
Writing relevant books and/or articles – 40 points per book, 5 points per article
These are just a few of the ways to collect points to maintain your certification. For a complete listing and more detail regarding certification maintenance, go to APICS.org > Credentials & Education > Certification Maintenance.
Now what? Look at our schedule of upcoming events, register, attend, and start collecting those points!
See below some photos of folks collecting their points in January at our Sun King Brewery tour!
- Networking at Indiana Pacers Game, Friday, February 23 at 5:00 PM
- Come enjoy a great networking opportunity with fellow supply chain professionals while watching the Indiana Pacers take on the Atlanta Hawks.
- Register on our website by 2/21.
- FedEx Midnight Madness Tour, Thursday, March 15 at 10:40 PM
- Find out what makes it possible to order a package online and have it delivered the very next day when you check out a behind the scenes tour of the FedEx Hub in Indianapolis. The tour will last from 10:40 PM until 2:00 AM.
- Register on our website by 2/28.
Check out our website to learn about upcoming education opportunities for the CPIM, CLTD, and CSCP certifications.